Sunday, February 6, 2011

Contemplating change

Stumbled upon an opportunity for the job change that I have been longing for.  I wasn't expecting it, and I have been thrown for a loop!  I have been giving it a lot of thought, and the weirdest part for me is actually assuming that something great could happen that I didn't have to work for. I didn't go after this job...there was no blood, sweat, or tears involved (yet!)...so somehow it seems odd and really too good to be true. I think I need to spend some time processing what a big change it would be for me. 

I've had a job for over 10 years that I really don't love.  But I'm like a puppy...pretty loyal....and being honest (as I always am....) I stuck it out for some pretty great perks.  But those perks have come and gone...and now I think I need to move on.  But I assume leaving a long-time job is like leaving a bad marriage.  No matter how crappy it is, it is still hard. 

The saying "the grass isn't always greener on the other side" keeps popping into my head....but right now I'm not thinking green..(except for the $$$ of course...)...but what if the metaphorical grass was actually PINK on the other side!??  I could never have imagined or expected that...but how AWESOME would that be!? I'll never know unless I try.....and it would be one BIG step towards happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment